5 Proven Steps to Increase Your Business RevenueJan 02, 2024
Unlock the potential of your business with these revenue tips.
One of the things new clients ask me is some version of, “What can I do to build sales?” If you don’t have a sales plan, I’m going to give you some simple ideas so you can get started today - grab a notepad. Today, we're going to create a simple, yet powerful sales plan for your restoration business.
In the meantime, if you don’t know who I am, I’m the guy behind thegrowthleague.com. My mission? Simple. To help restoration business owners like you become more profitable, cut out the chaos, and build a lucrative business ready for a big sale when the time comes.
Let’s start with what you need. You can use a notepad, a digital document, a spreadsheet, or even a whiteboard. Personally, I find post-it flipboard paper really effective. It's visual and perfect for brainstorming with your team.
Time for some brainstorming. We’ve got 5 critical questions to guide our plan:
- What vertical(s) are giving us our best work?
- Who’s already working with us, and how can we get more from them?
- Who used to give us more work, and what’s changed?
- What are our “low-hanging fruit” opportunities?
- What new referral source verticals should we explore?
"After going through these steps, it’s time to create an action plan."
Next up, your Action Plan. On a new sheet or section, start assigning specific actions and deadlines. Here’s an example:
- Scott will call 5 adjusters we’ve worked with each week on a 3-week rotation. (Not just the ones who are currently referring.)
- Michelle will keep in regular touch with our Top 10 clients - a call and an email once a month.
- Dave - Look at our referral sources from the past 12 months and create a list of referral sources who are no longer referring or are referring less than before. Call the all in the next week and then follow up with them every 3 weeks.
- Allison - Create a list of agents associated with jobs we’ve done (through any referral source)
- Joe - Create a list of 30 prospects in the new vertical we want to focus on and start making face to face visits on a three week rotation.
Remember, a sales plan is more than just ideas – it’s a roadmap to real results. If you’re ready to elevate your business, I’m here to help. Book a call with me by clicking the link below this video.
Get Your Restoration Business
In The Best Shape of Its Life
with the help of a guide dedicated to your success.