Revamp Your Sales Results: 6 Tips To Get To Know Your Prospects BetterApr 18, 2023
If you're a sales rep or part of a sales team, are you unsatisfied with your current sales results? Today, I'll share six tips to help you improve your performance. It all boils down to getting to know your prospects better. Here’s how you can do it:
1. Read an industry magazine or watch industry-specific YouTube channels. This will help you gain insights into your target market and better understand your prospects’ concerns. For example, if I were selling to the restoration industry, I'd subscribe to C&R Magazine’s Youtube channel since they interview people throughout the industry. If I were selling to property managers, I'd find out what they were reading and watching. If I were selling to insurance agents, I'd look to their industry magazines and YouTube influencers.
2. Join Facebook and LinkedIn groups relevant to your target industry. These platforms provide valuable opportunities to observe and learn from discussions among your target audience. Join the groups that your audience belongs to.
3. Subscribe to email newsletters specific to your target industry. These often contain articles and updates that will keep you informed about the challenges and trends in your targeted verticals.
4. Attend industry events. Do it at least once a year, if not more often. By attending the same events as your target audience, you can gain firsthand knowledge about their interests and concerns, enabling more meaningful conversations.
5. Practice role-playing. You can do it with another sales rep, a team member, or a peer from a non-competing geographic market. This will help you refine your sales pitch and adapt to different situations.
6. Brainstorm with people who sell to your target market but work for different companies. For example, if you're targeting insurance agents, connect with auto glass reps, car rental companies, and body shop reps who also work with that audience.
Commit to trying at least one or two of these strategies, and you'll begin to see progress. If you're interested in learning more about how I can help you, click this link to book a call. You can also send me an email if you need more advice. I’m always happy to hear from you.
Get Your Restoration Business
In The Best Shape of Its Life
with the help of a guide dedicated to your success.