Plan for a Strong 2020 – 5 Easy Steps to Get StartedSep 18, 2019
You’re probably thinking – “It’s not even Halloween yet and Scott wants me to plan for next year?!?” Maybe it’s a little early to start the process but not too early to get your planning sessions on the calendar and start talking with your team about the process.
As you can imagine, I spend a lot of time talking with other coaches who have clients in a wide variety of industries. My specialty is coaching restoration owners and their teams. Working with different types of companies, has made me realize more and more that a lot of the challenges we have in the restoration industry are similar to other types of businesses. The general consensus is that our most successful clients follow a discipline of planning which includes an annual planning session, quarterly updates to the plan and more frequent accountability updates with a regular meeting schedule.
In the best cases, the meetings are really high quality. What does that mean? The meetings start and end on time, follow a set agenda, do not allow for tangents, have a strong accountability element, and are regarded as productive by the participants. Here’s what is really important about regularly scheduled high quality meetings – this “meeting rhythm” is what keeps the plan from “gathering dust” and keeps forward momentum within the organization.
Most of us have had the experience of creating a business plan or being on a team that created a plan and then . . . nothing happens. Many times, that negative experience is one of the things that keeps owners from even starting the process. That’s got to be avoided at all costs. I’ve found it takes a leader who is dedicated to making changes and figuring out how to engage the team in the process. It takes grit and a strong desire to stop tolerating what you don’t want in your business.
If you’re ready to get serious about finishing the year strong and want to hit the ground running in 2020, let’s talk about working together. With a roadmap of specific, measurable goals and some discipline (I’ll help you with that!), I have no doubt you’ll start to move your business in a positive direction. I’ll guide you through the process and provide as much (or as little) accountability as you’d like.
Stop struggling with poor performance, feeling like you’re the only person in your business who cares, cash flow issues, poor profitability and just feeling “beat-up” all of the time. There’s hope! It doesn’t have to be like this.
It’s always fun for me to talk with owners and discuss how I can help them to create the business they want for themselves, their family and their team.
Here is a list of 5 actions you can take right now to move forward with planning.
- Click to schedule a 30-MINUTE call https://calendly.com/scottmillergrowthleague or just call me at 610-263-2772.
- Schedule a meeting with your leadership team to share your interest in coming up with a plan to move your company ahead. (I can help you with the agenda.)
- Make a list of what you see as the top challenges in your company in advance of the meeting.
- Make another list and identify what you are really proud of in your company.
- In the meeting, ask your team to brainstorm on 3 and 4 – it will be interesting to see how your list compares to their list.
Here’s a preview of what to expect on our call:
- We’ll discuss challenges you would like to overcome
- You’ll gain an understanding of my planning & coaching process along with the benefits experienced by my clients.
- I’ll share coaching options that span from on-site facilitation of the planning process with your team to the other end of the spectrum – a video based self-paced program with support from me along the way.
I’m looking forward to connecting with you! Even if you think you don’t have the budget or the timing isn’t quite right, reach out to me and we’ll start the conversation.
Get Your Restoration Business
In The Best Shape of Its Life
with the help of a guide dedicated to your success.